Join VizagNews WhatsApp Group at VizagNews on WhatsApp
Visakhapatnam news as on July 10,2017
- 1 ‘Specialist doctors will be deployed in Agency areas’, says Health Minister
- 2 Note books distributed
- 3 GVMC workers’ three-day strike from July 11
- 4 Faculty development programme
- 5 Brahmayya Sastry memorial oration on Wednesday
- 6 10 SIs transferred
- 7 Social media monitoring cell at Police Commissionerate
‘Specialist doctors will be deployed in Agency areas’, says Health Minister
AP Health Minister Kamineni Srinivas is on a tour of the tribal areas of the district, held a review meeting with Tehsildars, MPDOs and doctors on the health situation in the Agency areas of ITDA meeting hall at Paderu on Monday. He said that the services of the specialist doctors would be drafted to serve in agency areas by giving them good salary and better amenities.
Note books distributed
Vedic Science Club distributed free notebooks at GV MC NMC High School at Nakkavanipalem on Sunday. K.Siva Rama Krishna, Pro Vice-Chancellor of GITAM, Usha Rani, DEO, GVMC and Swami Ambarishna Dasa of The Akshaya Patra Foundation, Visakhapatnam participated in the programme. The initiative is being carried out in association with JJ Foundation, Rotary Club of GITAM University and other NGOs and supported Akshaya Patra.
GVMC workers’ three-day strike from July 11
The Joint Action Committee formed by unions called for the State-wide strike from Tuesday opposing the State government calling for tenders based on GO 279 in municipalities and Corporations. The unions have been organizing protests for a long time now demanding scrapping of the GO alleging that it would benefit contractors at the cost of workers.
Faculty development programme
Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy director V.S.R.K.Prasad said learning should be a continuous process for teachers. He was speaking after inaugurating a week-long faculty development programme on ‘Machine intelligence and soft computing’ that began at the department of Computer Science and Systems and Engineering, AU College of Engineering on Monday.
Brahmayya Sastry memorial oration on Wednesday
Dr.P.Brahmayya Sastry Memorial Oration Committee and Andhra Medical College are jointly organizing the oration and Prof.T.Ravi Raju Award presentation will be held here on Wednesday at Hotel Taj Gateway from 11am. Dr.R.Chidambaram, Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India and Chairman SAC-C would be presented with Dr.T.Ravi Raju Award.
10 SIs transferred
The City Police Commissioner T.Yoganand has transferred ten Sub Inspectors. The transferred are::
1. N.Kumar- Range to Road Safety Mobile
2. P.Eswara Rao – Range to Anandapuram Crime
3. Sh.Ismail – Range to II Town Crime
4. G.Appa Rao – Range to PM Palem Crime
5. M.Raghuram – Range to Kancharapalem Crime
6. Vanapalli Rama Rao – Range to II Town Law and Order
7. B.Ramaiah – Range to III Town Law and order
8. N.Suneel – Road Safety Mobile to Gajuwaka Crime
9. Ch.Venkata Rao from PM Palem Crime to I Town Law and order
10. GRK Tulasi Das – from New Port Traffic to MVP Law and order.
Social media monitoring cell at Police Commissionerate
The Police in an effort to take the Police department on smart policing has created a social media cell at the City Police Commissionerate. People can lodge their complaints through WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter. People can take photos in the event of untoward incidents and can send them to the police through WhatsApp. The WhatsApp number 9493336633 and facebook page is vizagcitypolice. Twitter page : vizagcitypolice http://twitter.com/vizagcitypolice?s=8