Join VizagNews WhatsApp Group at VizagNews on WhatsApp
Visakhapatnam news on February 9, 2018
- Visakhapatnam:: Army man booked under POCSO Act::The Gopalapatnam police today booked an Army man under POCSO Act for allegedly misbehaving with an eleven year old girl. Though the incident took place on January 29, it came to light after the father of the girl lodged a complaint with the police. The 32 year old army personal named Ganesh of Gopalapatnam area on January 29 saw his daughter sitting alone and took her to a room and alleged tried to misbehave with her. After she raised an alarm, locals rushed to the room and the accused fled from the area. The police said that that he did not approach the police because of social stigma. The police would soon write a letter to the Indian Army for further investigation.
- Science lab for 15 municipal schools:: Science laboratories will be set up in 15 GVMC schools with the Rs.32 lakh contributed by HPCL. HPCL general manager in charge N.Rama Rao today handed over a cheque to the GVMC Commissioner M.Hari Narayanan.
- KVB donates Rs.1 crore:: Divisional Manager of Karur Vysya Bank G.Prabhakar today handed over a demand draft of Rs.1 crore to District Collector. The contribution was made to mark the bank’s Founder’s Day celebrations and as a part of its Corporate Social Responsibility. The Collector said that the money would be utilized for construction of bio-toilets in government schools for girls.
- Visakhapatnam Steel Plant donates Rs.11 lakhs to Simhachalam temple:: Under CSR scheme, Visakhapatnam Steel Plant donated Rs.11 lakh to Simhachalam Devasthanam today. Cheque was given away by Director Personnel K.C.Das to the Temple executive officer K.Ramachandra Mohan.
- e-corner opened:: District Co-operative officer and Joint Registrar of Cooperatives N.D.Milton today inaugurated e-corner with cash deposit machine, the first for co-operatives banks in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana at the head post office of Kanaka Mahalakshmi Co-operative Bank Limited.
- SME Centre of SBI attains top rank:: The SME Centre of SBI, Visakhapatnam has achieved the third rank in the country. The SME Centre, which was previously in One Town area was shifted to a new building in the Collectorate today. Chief General Manager of SBI, Amaravati Circle, Mani Palvesan inaugurated it.
- IGNOU admissions:: The last date for admission to various courses of IGNOU for the 2018 session is February 15. Applications are invited from the candidates residing in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East and West Godavari districts apart from Yanam.
- DCI bags naval contract:: The DCI has bagged the contract maintenance dredging of naval sites from the Indian Navy. Participating in an invited global tender, the DCI secured the contract by bidding the lowest with Rs.30.76 crore.